I found this recipe via Pinterest recently and had to give it a try! I tweaked it a bit and my family was gobbling it up! Its a great sweet and spicy marinade that is perfect for summer. Obviously, you don’t have to make kebobs – my kids just love anything on a stick! I served it with oven roasted veggies to use up what we had from the farmer’s market.
Honey-Lime Chicken Kebobs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
juice of one lime (3 tbsp lime juice)
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
red pepper flakes, to taste (We used about a teaspoon)
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, expect the cilantro. Whisk thoroughly.
- Cut chicken breasts into large chunks.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, better if all day or overnight.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes, then thread skewers with chicken.
- Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl (Her’s seem spicer, so if you love spice, use that version. I took out some spice and added more garlic and some onion.)