I often make this on Monday and eat it for lunch all week. Its so good and so fresh – high in protein and fiber – and its gluten free to boot, for those of you who are!
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, cooked and drained
- 1 can chickpeas, rinced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, diced (if you have it)
- Kosher salt + pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to taste (I used 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or baslamic or whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Directions: In a medium bowl, place quinoa in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 cup water and cook 4 minutes. Stir, then cook 2 minutes more. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the diced vegetables (cucumber, red pepper, tomato, celery, green onions, parsley). Add in beans and stir.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
When the quinoa is ready, stir into the salad. Add the dressing just before serving and stir well. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Yield: about 3-4 cups.