fashion friday: i may be crazy, but i can still look cute

So somehow its Friday and I’m still working on my to-do list from Wednesday…

Did anyone else have a week like that? As in driving to the wrong place with the wrong child, the school calling me twice because I forgot to send in notes for the kids, trips to the ER, you know… stuff like that. I’m hoping that this weekend I can restart my brain so that next week won’t be quite so crazy.

In the meantime, I have a few little gems for you!

1. I am totally and completely in love with this skirt by White House Black Market. Isn’t it absolutely darling?!?! (The sash is removable, but of course its my favorite part!) This would be perfect for an event I have next week that I can’t tell you about yet, but I promise will be worth the wait.
Full-skirt-whbm

2. OOO – maybe I could pair that skirt with this top from ModCloth!
23856re-1

3. I LOVE these pants. I’ve been looking for a gray herringbone pant for like 2 years and I think I found it! LOFT has these new Leg Lengthening Pants that are positively amazing. (and here’s that cute blouse you see a peek of!)
Fullscreen capture 2242011 25450 PM.bmp

4. Love these flared trouser jeans from Old Navy. You can’t get much more stylish than this for under $30… LOVE the cuffs!
On838476-00vliv01

5. Okay. I know that jumpsuits are trendy again. But I just don’t get it. Just. Don’t.  I mean, how does one go to the bathroom while wearing these things exactly? Do you really want to get undressed every time you go? And unless you are built like this mannequin, I think it would be hard to pull this look off. Since even she isn’t looking super hot…
On833843-00vliv01
What say you?

Did you do a fashion post today? Link on up!!

About Melissa

Melissa is founder of Girlymama and co-founder of the mom fashion blog, All Things Chic. You can also find her designing blogs at Eliza Grace Design and on Twitter as Melissa Angert.

Comments

1. 1
    Whitney says:

RE: jumpsuits. No way – can’t do it!

2. 2
    Megan says:

Jump suits seem to come out every single spring and every single spring, I laugh. Last year, Pea in the Pod had a maternity one! Can you imagine? Getting totally undressed every time you go to the bathroom – while pregnant?!?!?

3. 3
    melissa says:

a MATERNITY jumpsuit?!?!? CLEARLY designed by a man!!

4. 4
    Alissa says:

That’s my dream skirt! Love, love, love!
    And P.S. I’m new to ModCloth. Wow. Where have I been? I think I found my new favorite shop.

5. 5

Great skirt & top combo!!!! SOOOO GOOD

6. 6

I love it all! That skirt and those pants are my faves. I actually saw a skirt like that on Etsy, and you’re tipping the scales for me to get it. You & I need to live closer together so we can go shopping regularly. I agree w/the jumpsuit trend, however, I really like the one you posted, but I am so not manequin skinny.

7. 7
    Jamie says:

LOVE those Loft Trousers! I’m barely 5 ft. 2 so I need all the leg lengthening I can get! 😉

8. 8
    Lapurse says:

Loving the skirt and the gray pants! And agreed on the jumpsuit you posted, that’s one hard look to pull off!

9. 9

remember that store that sold all the pieces of tubes and jumpsuits and things? So wish I remembered the name. It was in the Willow Grove Mall on the first floor by Sears back in the 80s. (And I know you never went there, but maybe someone did.)
    Anyway. they had jumpsuits. In the 80s. And? They looked bad then. Someone get rid of this trend!