This soup is dinner tonight! It takes a little but of prep-time, but if you do it the night before, you can just throw everything in the slow cooker and you'll be ready to go that morning.
1 pkg (about 1.6 lbs) Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
Wegmans Pan Searing Flour
2 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
1 pkg (16 oz) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Minestrone Soup Vegetables
Salt and pepper
1 carton (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock
1 can (14.5 oz) Wegmans Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes
1 pkg (24 oz) Italian Classics Seasoned Tomato Sauce (Prepared Foods)
1/2 cup dry Italian Classics Ditalini Soup Pasta
1 can (15.5 oz) Italian Classics Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg (6 oz) Food You Feel Good About Baby Spinach
You'll Need: 6-8 qt slow cooker, large braising pan
- Dust beef with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.
- Heat oil in large braising pan on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add beef; sear 10 min until all sides are paper-bag brown.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker; don't discard pan drippings. Add vegetables to pan with beef drippings; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, 3 min; add to slow cooker.
- Add stock, tomatoes, and sauce to slow cooker. Cover, cook 4 1/2-6 hours on HIGH or 8-10 hours on LOW.
- Add dry pasta and beans 30 minutes before end of cooking on HIGH (45 minutes before end of cooking on LOW).
- Add spinach to slow cooker; stir to blend well. Allow spinach to lightly wilt, about 2 min.
recipe origin: wegmans.com (photo: wegmans.com)