***The giveaway portion of the carnival is now closed! Thanks for playing along! Congrats to Tara from Itty Bitty Bookworms who won the autographed Paula Deen cookbook! See you all again next month!***
Welcome to the monthly "Try This: Spice Up Your Kitchen" carnival! This month's theme is COMFORT FOODS. One of my very favorite things about when the temperature drops is breaking out all the comfort food: chili, homemade chicken soup, my mom's meatballs, grandma's apple pie… Seriously, along with sweaters and boots, isn't that one of the best things about fall?
Today I invite you to share your family's favorite 'comfort food' recipe with us. We have several, so it was hard to narrow it down. But I chose a recipe that my husband and I both totally love. I could eat this for days! The first time I tried this recipe (which was in the church cookbook) my husband took his first bite, closed his eyes and said, "My mom used to make this when I was a kid!!" What's more comforting than that?
Honey Baked Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon curry powder (less if your kids are timid)
Place the chicken in a baking dish, sprayed with Pam. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees, basting occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
Now this month's carnival is a little special. I am giving away an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Paula Deen's classic The Lady and Sons Cookbook! (Did you miss how I got an autographed copy? Click here!)
Here are the rules:
1. Contest ends Saturday, October 3.
2. Entry #1: Submit a recipe to the carnival. (It can be an old post on your blog – just remember to link to the specific post, not your whole blog please.)
3. Entry #2: Leave a comment telling me what your very, very favorite comfort food is.
4. Entry #3: Leave a SEPARATE comment telling me in what way you promoted this contest (i.e., posting about it on your blog, Tweeting about it, emailing friends, and/or subscribe to my feed by email or in a reader).
5. Winner will be selected by Random.org, announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
I hope you all have a great time looking through all the recipes today
– I cannot WAIT to find some new recipes!! And remember: when you add your post to the Mr. Linky, please link to your specific post – not your general blog URL.
Here's how to play, if you have questions.